Bagre Dam Spillage: No Death Recorded in Upper East Region,  NADMO Director

The regional director of the National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) in the Upper East Region of Ghana, Mrs. Rebecca Assibi Akolgo has clarified that reports linking the death of a farmer to the Bagre Dam spillage are incorrect.

Mrs Rebecca Assibi Akolgo regional director of NADMO Upper East Region

She stated to Word News that the farmer drowned days before the spillage occurred on Monday, August 25, 2025.Mrs. Akolgo urged the public to disregard misinformation circulating on social media. “We haven’t had any death cases so far.

Team of staff of NADMO monitoring the spillage

That’s why I earlier stated that we haven’t recorded anything serious yet,” she said. She emphasized that the incident involving the farmer took place in the North East Region and was unrelated to the Bagre Dam spillage. “The man went to the farm to harvest his maize with others. Unfortunately, he got too close to the river to fetch water and drowned, but this happened before the spillage.”Describing the reports linking the farmer’s death to the dam as “misinformation,” she noted, “From the water levels, there has been no significant rise.

Although the level did rise, it wasn’t substantial. We visited the site and observed that everything was under control. Unlike previous years, we didn’t see roads flooded or significant pressure.”Mrs. Akolgo added that while they are praying against any eventualities, the government has implemented measures to manage potential impacts. “NADMO, in collaboration with the government, has put mechanisms in place to support any casualties and assist farmers who may lose their produce.”She continued, “In the event of loss of life or damage to homes along the White Volta River, the government, in collaboration with NADMO, would step in to support affected residents.” To support farmers, they are providing dry season farming tools and early-maturing seedlings, along with relief items like food to sustain them.

The NADMO team has been actively sensitizing farmers, fishermen, and residents along the White Volta River, urging them to evacuate to safer locations. “Our local divers, disaster volunteers, and district directors are monitoring the situation closely,” she said.”As of now, I can confidently say that the situation in the Upper East Region is under control. We have not recorded any casualties, and we hope that with effective sensitization, everyone will comply. We pray that at the end of this period, we will all smile.”

Source: mywordfmonline.com/Gaspard Ayuureneeya Adongo

Share this article

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

your ultimate guide to extreme weight loss pablo sandoval s meal plan edition | men s vitality guide is your recommended supplements list effective | male performance boost is the kangaroo option tablet effective honest review | lizzo weight loss journey from fluffy to fit | long lasting in bed medicine options without side effects honest review | aloe vera and male enhancement how to apply for better wellness | oprah winfrey weight loss her ozempic use and maintenance facts | shocking weight loss is the 10 day water fast ice spice s secret weapon | my friends asked how i did it i told them keto acv gummies not my old karen weight loss calculator led to my weight loss | the paul macneill weight loss riddle solved it s all about keto acv gummies | maximize potential king xxl support and lifestyle balance | 2026 acv gummies in usa and canada go keto gummies review and the best keto gummies for weight loss | optimize male performance smart supplement choices for better vitality | alphastrip sublingual options unlocking male enhancement potential | inspired by shonda rhimes healthy weight loss recipes you need to try | black panther pill review how does the sex formula work | oprah winfrey weight loss journey 7 life changing secrets you can apply with keto acv gummies |