The immediate past Upper East Regional Deputy Communication Director of the National Democratic Congress and a constituent of the Navrongo Central Constituency NDC, Sunday Casper Kampoli, has called on delegates of the umbrella party, NDC to retain the current member of Parliament, Mr. Samson Tangombu Chiragia to make history as the first NDC executives to win the Navrongo seat on two consecutive teems.
” Hence, you will be remembered as the executive that ensured that NDC in recent times won Navrongo Central seat twice, and even a third, and a possibly make it a safe seat for the NDC like Bolgatanga Central, Builsa North, Talensi, Builsa South etc.”
Sunday who is currently pursuing his Phd, in a Facebook post , enumerated some success chalked by the MP in his first term as grounds for his call.
Below is the full statement by
Dear Colleague Delegate!
The people of Ghana are poised to make history in 2024 by giving the former president H.E. John Dramani Mahama another chance to serve them again. Are you ready to ba a part of that history? By the way, before joining the rest of the country for that history, you have an opportunity to equally carve one in Navrongo Central too.
Dear Delegate, the history you will be carving for yourself in Navrongo central is endorsing Hon Sampson Tangombu Chiragia for a second Term and for the first time, a consecutive second term for the NDC Navrongo Central. Hence, you will be remembered as the executive that ensured that NDC in recent times won Navrongo Central seat twice, and even a third, and a possibly make it a safe seat for the NDC like Bolgatanga Central, Builsa North, Talensi, Builsa South etc.
Why should you endorse Hon Sampson? Is Sampson the only one that can make that history?
Yes! Sampson is the only candidate that guarantees that history!
Here is why!
- He has done it before; Hon Sampson in the 2020 election beat a regional minister who had the support of the Office of the President. Hon Sampson gained an unprecedented 62% of parliamentary votes cast in that election! He did it as an opposition first timer with no money, no record of stewardship as an MP.
- His two years in office as an opposition MP for Navrongo Central is unparalleled; Life saving and transformational interventions in Health, Education, Agriculture, Electricity, Employment etc have made Navrongo Central different for the good reasons. Again, he served as a strong voice on the floor of Parliament, particularly on issues affecting the people of Navrongo.
- He is the candidate the NPP in Navrongo Central fears because the almost 12,000 votes gap their “Lioness” received still shocks them to the bone marrow!
- Hon Sampson Tangombu Chiragia’s name resonates very well with the people of Navrongo Central. Note: In partisan politics name recognition is very important and we do not have the luxury of time to sell a novice to a sophisticated constituency like Navrongo Central.
- He is politically networked and political experience in Navrongo Central partisan politics, his experience is as old as the 4th republic, from Hon Abulu tenure to Hon Woyongo!
- Hon Sampson Tangombu Chiragia’s victory is a great step to monopolize the seat for NDC, which will lessen the burden for you the young man(delegate) who dreams to become an MP on the ticket of the NDC some day.
- Hon Sampson Tangombu Chiragia represents unity(Navrongo Central) not a section of Navrongo Central, not an ethnic group in Navrongo central nor a certain gender In Navrongo Central.
- He represents the people’s interest and stands for the grassroots not the selfish individual interests!
- His victory represents you the young man (delegate) who will succeed him tomorrow!
- Hon Sampson Tangombu Chiragia represents the people of NDC and by extension Navrongo Central interest but not individual interest.